We recognise that we are uniquely-placed to help shape the way that people make decisions on mental-health and psychological well-being and promote improvement in this regard.
Our Ethical commitment is the framework by which we make a positive impact through our own actions and ensures that ethics are an intrinsic element of our decisions, activities and culture.
We will achieve this by:
- Ensuring that revenue generated through business with partner organisations is used ethically, to further the work of alleviating emotional pain and psychological injury through research and educative works.
- Being open, transparent and honest about our business partnerships(Wherever possible), and by declaring our interests in any research project undertaken by ourselves or our agents.
- Seeking the endorsement of relevant ethics committees wherever possible.
- Adhering to a strict code of conduct regarding behaviour whilst dealing with vulnerable people, including such details as service charging levels and service quality.
- Contributing positively to a realistic world view of mental health, and working to challenge stigma, medicalisation and paternalism in the mental health professions.
- Seeking, wherever possible, to achieve parity between mental health and physical health.
- Conducting research projects in order to promote the health of human beings, and not to simply endorse our own products or services.
- Recognising swiftly issues of performance, and seeking to improve as soon as is humanly possible, in order to ensure better outcomes for people who use our services.
- Maintaining at all times, a person-centred approach to our service development, administration, research and service delivery.
- Procuring our own business requirements from social enterprises and 3rd sector organisations wherever possible, and wherever procurement law allows.
- Maintaining a policy of inclusion, to which our staff and agents will adhere.
- Supporting the work of other relevant 3rd sector organisations who operate with similar interests or groups of people to improve the health and well-being of humanity.